I have always found that the perfume reviews I've most enjoyed were more descriptive of a feeling, or the imagery that the fragrance inspires, as such, that is what I intend to do here.

I plan to review (in my own way) a different perfume as often as possible.
I celebrate a collection of over 100 different bottles and large decants. From high-end niche perfumes to celebrity and drug store designs.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rousse - Serge Lutens

Quite chilly today, yet not as cold as yesterday. Still a bite to the air though. 

Rousse was a perfect choice for today. It's quite spicy, a strong vote of cinnamon, but not a sweet as I had expected. It's quite dry, and aromatic. It almost has a note of plum to it.  There is definitely the accords of mandarin there, but they are very slight. I notice the clove and amber more than anything else.

The image this one bring to mind is a christmas party at the winter palace in Russia. Boughs of fresh greenery everywhere, red berries, dark juicy plums on the table, and small spice cakes at every table. The mandarin brings to mind the old fashioned pomanders with cloves stuffed into it's skin. Classical music is playing and people are dancing around, smelling slightly of sweat and their chosen perfume de jour.  

Again, another first time with this one. I have no personal memories attached to this one, though it slightly resembles Cinnabar, which tends to remind me of my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment