I have always found that the perfume reviews I've most enjoyed were more descriptive of a feeling, or the imagery that the fragrance inspires, as such, that is what I intend to do here.

I plan to review (in my own way) a different perfume as often as possible.
I celebrate a collection of over 100 different bottles and large decants. From high-end niche perfumes to celebrity and drug store designs.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Black Cashmere - Donna Karen


Todays Weather -

It's cold outside, and there is a thin layer of snow on the ground. The air is dry and crisp. It's quite warm, but very dry inside. 



Todays Perfume -

This fragrance has a sweetness I can't quite put my finger on. The scent of the carnation comes through quite strongly on me. The spices are quite mild. I had expected more spice to be frank, however there is an inherent spice that comes with the carnation, so I can't really complain.

This fragrance brings to mind, an image of a personal library in the late 1800's, likely belonging to a literary figure, from the romantic period in literature. Dark wood shelves stacked with books, and with antiques from all exotic parts of the world. Fresh flowers on the window sill. Snow gently falling outside, a cold crisp day, much like the one I'm experiencing. The dying embers left from a ferocious fire on their way out. Ink splatters all over a desk. A steaming cup of a buttery black tea - no lemon, just milk. A warm, and soft leather chair. 

This is the first time I have worn this fragrance, so I have no real memories associated with it, but the imagery I've suggested above is from the mental image I have from this fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment