I have always found that the perfume reviews I've most enjoyed were more descriptive of a feeling, or the imagery that the fragrance inspires, as such, that is what I intend to do here.

I plan to review (in my own way) a different perfume as often as possible.
I celebrate a collection of over 100 different bottles and large decants. From high-end niche perfumes to celebrity and drug store designs.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Amour De Cacao - Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Warmer today, not quite as biting cold. Not a very good day on a personal level, but the day is over now, and things can only get better tomorrow. As I got home quite late, I decided to review something mild, and not quite as strong and heavy as my previous reviews.

Amour De Cacao - Comptoir Sud Pacifique

This is one of my champion 'go to' fragrances after a tough day in the cooler weather season. For me, this is a completely relaxing foodie fragrance that isn't so sweet it'll give you a toothache. 

I've read many other reviews on this myself, and have found many people liken it to cocoa puffs, I have to say I disagree personally.  To me, this is like a s'more. A delicious s'more that you roast on a chilly, early autumn evening. Although I do detect a slight fruit/citrus note, it is so faint, you can barely notice it.

This one is all about comfort for me, it is not something I would ever consider wearing on a night out, or a date. It's a yummy chocolate treat, mixed with an almost gooey marshmallow vanilla. It makes me want to curl up on the couch in a cozy sweater with a big glass of milk, which frankly, I am doing at this very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment