I have always found that the perfume reviews I've most enjoyed were more descriptive of a feeling, or the imagery that the fragrance inspires, as such, that is what I intend to do here.

I plan to review (in my own way) a different perfume as often as possible.
I celebrate a collection of over 100 different bottles and large decants. From high-end niche perfumes to celebrity and drug store designs.

Friday, October 29, 2010

The One (For Men) - Dolce and Gabbana

Absolutely freezing!! When you exhale outside,your breath comes out like a huge waft of smoke. 
In fact, one almost feels like a smoke breathing dragon on days like today.

The One (for men) - Dolce and Gabbana

This one was given to me by a perfume rep who thought I'd love it more than the feminine version, and she was 100% accurate. I definitely prefer wearing the male version of this.  In the interest of painting a picture of this perfume, I think it would be best to give you a picture of the type of man I would think would be  wearing it, and it certainly is NOT Matthew McConaughey (though he is a rather attractive specimen) 

Personally, I feel that the actor that I could most relate this scent to (by looks and apparently personality in interviews and films) would be Clive Owen. 
In my opinion this could just as easily be worn at a black tie event, or curled up at home in a cosy sweater and jeans.  It's a lovely soft fragrance (if worn as intended - in moderation). It would not be overbearing during a meal, and a keen one to snuggle up to later on. It would be certainly nice to smell this one a fella while enjoying a nice cognac.

It is also a lovely choice for a female, and again, if used in moderation, would likely even be appropriate at the office. I have worn it many times myself at various business functions and conferences and received tons of compliments from men and women alike. Every time, they are always stunned when I say it's actually a masculine fragrance. You've got to love keeping folks on their toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment