I have always found that the perfume reviews I've most enjoyed were more descriptive of a feeling, or the imagery that the fragrance inspires, as such, that is what I intend to do here.

I plan to review (in my own way) a different perfume as often as possible.
I celebrate a collection of over 100 different bottles and large decants. From high-end niche perfumes to celebrity and drug store designs.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Play for her, Intense - Givenchy

Quite warm today. Unseasonably warm in fact.

I bought this on a whim one day while at Shoppers Drug Mart, buying halloween decorations.  They had just gotten it in, I gave it a spritz and immediately fell in love with it.
I'm not typically a huge fan of 'celebrity endorsed' items in general. They typically seem to be mass marketed nonsense that generally smell quite generic.

This isn't terribly far off from that. I can see this being a huge hit with the 20-something age range, but I found it is perfect for daily use, or when you can't decide what you want to wear.  This is the perfect jeans and t-shirt perfume in my opinion.
It doesn't invoke any specific imagery, it just smells good. I've gotten plenty of compliments on it, and I didn't find it too shabby price-wise, at least in comparison to some of the other niche brands I typically purchase.

It's a nice woodsy, semi-sweet perfume that I think anyone could wear with the greatest of ease. I detect a slight floral, but I find I pick up more on the wood and tonka accords than anything else.

Sillage is fantastic on this one, and only 1 or 2 sprays are enough to last all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment