I have always found that the perfume reviews I've most enjoyed were more descriptive of a feeling, or the imagery that the fragrance inspires, as such, that is what I intend to do here.

I plan to review (in my own way) a different perfume as often as possible.
I celebrate a collection of over 100 different bottles and large decants. From high-end niche perfumes to celebrity and drug store designs.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Eau d'hadrien - Annick Goutal

It's a frosty morning here, and not overly pleasant. However, it is quite sunny. In light (pun intended) of the sun, I've decided to don Eau d'hadrien by Annick Goutal. It's one of my favourite hot hot hot summer scents.

It literally smells like lemon and sunshine. Almost like lemon icy's. The first time I wore it was this past summer. I had just gotten home from Ontario, and surprise, it had come in while I was gone.

When I opened the package and tried this for the first time, immediately a smile came to my face. In the next few days, I drove down to Banff for the first time, and when I smell this wonderful lemony joy, it reminds me of driving through the mountains for the first time, and literally being in tears over how beautiful it is.

After going through the mountains, my friend and I headed to the Calgary Folk Festival and I wore this the entire time. It was perfect for those incredibly hot days, drenched in sweat, music, and illicit smoke.

I've heard this compared to lemon pledge among other things, but I don't find that in the slightest. It's a fresh, sparkling lemon scent that carries such fantastic memories for me, I think I will always have a bottle handy.

The sillage, as with many of Goutal's blends, isn't fantastic, but it is light enough to spritz frequently throughout the day. The only sad part of this for me, is the price. It is not a cheap item, but a very loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment